Frequently Asked Questions
IVF-ICSI Treatments for Sperm Donation and PGD requiring Patients:
1. When does the egg stimulation start and when does it finish?
The starting date is menstrual cycle day 2. The woman is followed by scans and blood tests until cycle days 12-13. HCG injection is performed at the end of stimulation and the patient proceeds to the egg collection ( oocyte pick up, OPU).
2. When is the oocyte pick up ( OPU) and PGD done?
Mainly cycle day 14-15 and sedation anesthesia will be applied. Same day ICSI will be done. PGD is done on the 3rd day. 1 cell is taken out from an 8 cell embryo, and analyzed for gender and chromosomal conditions.
3. Do you do embryo freezing/sperm freezing/egg freezing ?
Yes we can perform all of these techniques.
4. When is the embryo transfer performed ?
Embryo transfer is done 3-5 days after the OPU. 5th day embryo transfer is preferred to increase the success rates. 3 Embryos can be transferred.
5. When does the treatment end ?
After the embryo transfer you will rest in the clinic and when you feel good, you will be taken to your hotel. You can fly back to your country 1 day after the embryo transfer. There is no medical papers showing that flight have negative affect towards embryos.
For Egg Donation Patients:
6. Which medications will I use for the preparation of the Endometrium ?
If there is still menstrual bleeding, Lupron/Buserelin or similar medications will be used together with estrogen containing medications such as Estrofem. If there is no menstrual bleeding, then only Estrofem medications will be used.
7. How long will it take for the endometrium to be ready for the transfer and what needs to be done besides using medications ?
It takes about 13-15 days for the endometrium to be ready. The thickness must be checked under ultrasound guidance every 2-3 days in the home country.
8. What if there would be problems with the preparation of the womb ?
The cycle can be cancelled and tried another time after the reason for the problem is solved. There is no financial commitment except the deposit in such a situation. In certain cases, there may be myomas, cysts and similar infections in the woman’s uterus. Therefore an ultrasound scan of the womb is a must before the beginning of the treatment. These infections can negatively affect the success of the treatment depending on their size and location. Hysteroscopy procedure is also recommended if especially there were several negative cycles before.
9. How many embryos do the egg receipient receive ?
Egg recipient receives 3 fresh embryos, all of which can be transferred back to the woman’s’ uterus. If the couple wants to have frozen embryos, the clinic will freeze 3 embryos.
10. What are the nationality of the donors?
Most of the donor ladies are from Cyprus. There are also several Eastern European and Black donors available.
Let's Find You The Treatment You Need
Feel Free To Ask Anything You Want To Know. We Are Always Happy To Help!